ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Multiplex Manufacturing is a multi-million dollar, full-service parts manufacturing company located in St. Catharines, Ontario serving Tier 1, 2 and 3 automotive suppliers, as well as aerospace, medical and oil and gas industries, with proven expertise in process engineering, lean manufacturing, engineered solutions and other value-added services.Download Job Description (PDF) Submit Your Resume Online
CNC Machine Operators are responsible for production and product quality by ensuring the operation runs smooth. Efficient running of CNC machines and other related work will be the key.
Job Type: Full-time position (Rotating-three shift operation)
- Operate and tend to CNC manufacturing equipment, which may include robotics and fixed automation equipment.
- Interpret and understand machine readouts and adjust settings to accommodate for material variance/ quality requirements and thresholds.
- Responsible for conducting regular quality inspections to ensure a good quality product based on pre-determined standards and requirements.
- Record accurate production data (parts per shift, scrap, & down-time).
- Independently conduct thorough pre shift work cell inspections; ensuring the machine is in good working order and all safety or production concerns are reported or handled before machine start-up.
- Conduct regular and end of shift housekeeping duties including sweeping, disposing of trash and scrap etc.
- Conduct operations in a manner that maintains high standards of health and safety to prevent accidents or injuries.
(Job Knowledge/Skill, Education & Related Experience)
- Grade 12 or GED required.
- Some college or certification in manufacturing or technology seen as an asset.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is a must.
- General mathematical skills required.
- Ability to read and understand English instructions.
- Must be able to keep up with the pace of production.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Knowledge or exposure to welding is considered an asset.
- Exposure to ISO 9001:2008 or TS16949 standards is considered an asset.
- Experience participating in continuous improvement initiatives is considered an asset.
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail